FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSOCIATE
The African Leadership Centre (ALC) seeks to recruit competent and dedicated applicants to fill up the Position of Finance and Administration Associate.
Working under the ALC Director, Trustees and relevant advisors, the Finance and Administration Associate (FA), will be responsible for providing accounting and administrative services to the ALC by managing ALC’s financial accounting and administration system and ensuring effective financial controls, administrative and accounting procedures and practices are followed. They will be responsible for implementing both the financial policy and human resource policy of the ALC.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The FA role will be subdivided into the following elements:
A. Finance and Administration
• Maintaining an appropriate financial accounting system in accordance with International Accounting Standards
• Ensuring impeccable and detailed financial records; oversee that taxes and record keeping are done correctly and to government standards
• Proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports for projects
• Responsible for development and continual improvement of internal controls
• Operational budget preparations, monitoring and analysis
• Maintain all consultancy contracts for associates and donors
• Cash flow management
• Check cash advances given and follow up for reconciliation
• Preparing and submitting programme donor reports
• Following up on all grant/programme financial requests and payments
• Development, implementation and monitoring of institutional and project budgets.
• Development of proposal budgets
• Management of fixed asset register
• Advise on emerging tax issues where required
• Carry out the HR Role and maintain the relevant personnel files
• Manage administrative activities at the Centre
• Supervise staff in Finance and Administration Department
B. Financial Planning & Analysis
• Advise on the optimal use of financial resources such as working capital, credit and risk management.
a) A qualified accountant (CPA/ACCA or equivalent)
b) Advanced university degree in accounting/business/administration or other related discipline or equivalent
c) Advanced IT skills to include Excel, Word, email, Power Point
d) High level of numeracy
e) Fluency in English
f) Foreign language skills will be an added advantage
g) Progressively responsible 3 years or more work experience in a Financial Administration and Accounting Role
h) Prior experience working in an NGO/Trust organization managing several donor funds
i) Substantial and current experience in business administration
j) Experience in policy and process improvements, implementation and evaluation.
a) Strong organizational skills and high degree of self-motivation/ self-starter
b) Ability to work productively in diverse and multicultural environments
c) Situational sensitivity
d) Multitasking capabilities
e) Ability to work under pressure and on strict deadlines
The Terms of Service for this position is One (1) year renewable performance-based contract.
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Director, African Leadership Centre and MUST provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Applications should be received no later than, (26 February 2020)
• ALC is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Download PDF version of the announcement here|