Course Aims and Objectives
This course aims to expand participants’ thinking about leadership and the process of leadership thus exposing them to the complexity associated with leadership. In this regard, it looks beyond organisational leadership and explores the phenomenon of leadership across society. It also seeks to expose participants to useful ideas, observations and insights to inform their leadership decisions and help them develop some of the skills required to practice evidence based leadership to advance development and human security.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Equip a critical group that will enable them to substantively participate in institutional, national and regional networks on decision making and governance in Africa.
- Result in an active network of practitioners with specialized training in transformational leadership that will network and share ideas.
Specifically, the course will:
- Expand participants’ thinking about leadership and the process of leadership thus exposing them to the complexity associated with leadership. In this regard, the course looks beyond organisational leadership and explores leadership across developing societies.
- Assist participants in building an important understanding of key components that define the complex phenomenon of leadership.
- Expose participants to useful ideas, observations and insights to inform their leadership decisions.
- Help participants develop the skills required to practice evidence-based leadership to advance development and human security. Thus, many of the case studies will be drawn from developing contexts.
- Enhance learning by connecting participants’ lived experiences with formal knowledge.
The learning portals for the Leadership and Society course series are password protected. Access is only permitted to all those undertaking the course.
If you would like to receive updates on African Leadership Centre, please click the link below and fill in the simple form.
If you have a password to access the portals, you may do so via the links below: